Friday, April 18, 2008

don't forget to smell the roses

it has been raining for the last few days, but today the weather cleared. the sun shone brightly. it felt positively glorious. after my last class this afternoon, i took out my camera and took a few pictures of the popping flowers all over campus. i ran into a few of my students along the way...the two students below walked me all the way home. amidst our chatting we taught each other the names of different flowers in our native tongues. i stopped numerous times to "smell the roses" and at first they just laughed and stood by watching. by the end of our walk, they were stopping to appreciate the fragrance of the lilacs and azaleas...the cherry blossoms and the jasmine. when we parted ways one student said to me, "teacher you really like flowers, don't you!?"lilacsbeautiful blossomsazaleas galore!brilliant!

2 comments:

Funderburks said...

Beautiful! It makes me hopeful that spring will finally arrive for us in Minnesota. Have a great weekend jessa!

Jessa said...

jennifer, we were leaving comments on each other's blogs at the EXACT same time!!!! crazy! lots of love, jessa